One child at a time...Join us!
Job Title: Project Assistant - CHHIP or Project Officer - CHHIP
Location: Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
We partner with children and families in the Darjeeling Himalayas to develop innovative school-based health programs that improve educational outcomes and maximize well-being. We believe a holistic, community-based approach to improving health can unlock human potential and create opportunities for every child to thrive.
As a member of our team you will contribute to two programs:
1. The Comprehensive Health & Hygiene Improvement Program (CHHIP) is an innovative model for comprehensive school health for rural primary schools. Results from our pilot have revealed insignificant impact including increased health knowledge, reduced diarrheal disease, and increased attendance for participating students. Based on this success, we are preparing this program for replication and scale.
2. Ten to twenty percent of all children suffer from a mental health challenges. Innovative care models are urgently needed to support these children. This year we will be conducting a research study to assess the feasibility of training classroom teachers to deliver evidence-based psychological care.
What we are looking for?
We are seeking a talented and skilled professional to join our dynamic team. We envision this as a long-term partnership and are particularly interested in early-career professionals with the desire to learn and grow with us.
We are especially interested in candidates who will use this position as a launching pad towards leadership of future educational programs.
▪ BA/S or equivalent is required. Advanced degree in Social Work, Education, Child Development, or other relevant field is preferred
▪ Demonstrated maturity and judgment
▪ Ability to work independently and take initiative. Must be a quick learner, able to multi-task, and self-manage
▪ Desire to grow and develop as a professional
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in spoken and written Nepali highly valued
General Position Summary
▪The Project Assistant coordinates all project activities in our partner schools and communities. You will facilitate the delivering of trainings, monitoring and evaluations, and school-based education initiatives.
▪You will supervise the CHHIP School Health Activists and school teachers. To support the feasibility study you will directly participate in the enrollment, informed consent, data collection, and follow-up of subjects participating in the trial. You will also be responsibility for data entry, data quality, and sharing data with the research team.
Reports Directly to:
Project Director-DLRPrena-CHAI Darjeeling
School Health Activists-CHHIP
Works Directly with:
CHHIP School Health Activists, Partner Communities (school administration, teachers, staff, parents and caregivers, and students)
How to apply:
Please send us your resume along with a statement about why you are excited to join our team and why you are the right fit. You may send this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we are interested, your submission will be responded to within 14 days. Please note that due to a large volumen of application, your application may not be responded to.